Taste the local food and drinks
Some of the local villages around Castanheira de Pera will have gastronomic events during the year, Pedrógão Grande, Pera, Figueró dos Vinhos as well as their own cultural events.
We like to try different places to eat. There are several restaurants nearby. We can suggest places to try, wines to drink and generally help you experience the real Portugal, away from the crowd.
In the bigger cities like Tomar and Coimbra are lots of restaurants (even vegetarian), especially good if you wander off the tourist track down the back streets where the food is always good!
Few of our favorites
- Fugas at the praia fluvial Mosteiro; great for local dishes, but only open on Fridays
- Steak House O Jardim in Pedrógão Grande for super burgers
- Taberna do Ferrador in Pedrógão Grande; great for local dishes
- Pizzaria Geanni in Pedrógão Grande
- Café Restaurante Minhoto in Graça for basic local dishes
- Varanda da Casal in São Simão; great for local dishes